The program was designed to train specialists, able to conduct production and engineering, project and managerial activities. The program takes into account the feedback of the University industrial partners and solid experience of the international research collaboration in this area. The students will be able to design, produce and operate modern lighting, irradiation, optical-electronic, laser, fiber-optic, and particle-photon technology. The program pays particular attention to R&D and designing of the modern elemental base for lighting, optical, optical-electronic, and laser technologies. The program students will know about the development of corpuscular-photon technologies (including laser) and technological equipment.
It is should be noticed, that photonic technologies, including lighting engineering, cover a very wide range of rapidly developing advanced technological methods, processes, techniques which ensure achievement of high scientific and production effects.
The learning output of the program includes the following competencies:
- apply modern software for the development and editing of design and technological documentation, use elements of descriptive geometry and engineering graphics
- conduct mathematical modeling of processes and objects, based on computer-aided design and research packages
- conduct optical, photometric and electrical measurements and research of various objects according to a given method
- conduct designing, research and control of particular components, devices and systems, and their production technologies
- develop functional and structural schemes for modules of nodes and elements of optical equipment according to specified technical requirements
- calculate, design and construct standard systems, devices, parts, and components of optical equipment, including using standard computer-aided design tools
- control of developed projects and technical documentation