|Overview ||The umbrella specialization Power and Electrical Engineering is aimed at training highly qualified specialists, able to carry out R&D and designing activities at the power and electrical engineering facilities.|
The following program pays particular attention to knowledge in natural science and electric and power engineering, along with information technology, technology of production, channeling and storage of electrical energy, calculation electrical devices modes, electrical grid, power supply systems, modern design automation tools, and others. The program uses advanced facilities with equipment, produced by Woodward, Eaton, Danfoss, and Lappkabel, special research laboratory, and unique equipment. The program was designed in accordance with national and international standards, like EUR-ACE Framework Standards for Accreditation of Engineering Programmes, ABET, Washington Accord, and CDIO Syllabus.
As was mentioned above, this program is one of three, along with Plasma-Beam and Electric Discharge Technologies and Power Engineering, which were designed under the umbrella specialization Power and Electrical Engineering.
After graduation, the students will be able to:
- prepare and plan tasks in the field of electrical and power industry and electrical engineering, analyze and carry out them using all the required and available resources
- design power and electrical systems and their components
- plan and conduct experimental studies, related to the determination of parameters, characteristics and state of electrical equipment, facilities and systems of electric power industry and electrical engineering, interpret data
know and apply general scientific and advanced engineering knowledge, practical skills and versatile competencies, ensuring their high professionalism
apply various approach and methods for solving complex engineering problems in the field of research, design, production and operation of technical objects, equipment, and systems.
- apply modern methods and tools of practical engineering activities for solving problems in the field of power and electrical engineering
- organize complex engineering activities in the field of power and electrical engineering
- conduct academic research and carry out presentation of the obtained results
|Areas of expertise and employment||Our graduates work as engineers and researchers in design organizations and enterprises, related to production, transmission, distribution, transformation, use of electrical energy. Along with this, they work in research and expert centers as members of academic and analytical staff. |