Currently, the oil and gas play a crucial role in the development of the world economy. Therefore there is a demand for qualified specialists, able to efficiently perform their work. TPU actively cooperates with petroleum companies, providing them with consulting and engineering services, and retraining services. This cooperation allows constantly improving the content of courses, giving students the latest information in the area of the petroleum industry. The program - Development and Operation of Oil and Gas Fields is an optimal solution for those, who want to work in the petroleum industry.
The following program is designed under the general specialization Petroleum Engineering. The second program Construction and Operation of Technical Facilities in Petroleum Industry you can find on the following page.
Development and Operation of Petroleum Fields. Students will obtain special skills for designing and validation of rational oil field exploitation systems, and knowledge in the theory of oil production processes, preparation of well drilling, technologies of impact on productive layers and methods of work with complications, related to operation and maintenance of wells.
|Degree title ||Bachelor of Science in Development and Operation of Oil and Gas Fields|
|Duration||4 academic years|
|Application deadline||10.08 (fall semester)|
|Contact for application issues|
International Admission Office (preferably)
Tel: +7 (3822) 60-64-76
Division for Oil and Gas Engineering
The program will provide students with:
- knowledge and skills in the fields of production process theory in the petroleum industry, reliability of relevant technological equipment, hydromechanics and thermodynamics, control and automation of production processes, resource-efficient technologies and environmental protection, and industrial and fire safety
- computer skills for group and individual design of oil and gas facilities
- professional foreign language skills
- skills for calculation of technological modes of drilling, extraction, transportation and storage of hydrocarbons
- knowledge of modern diagnostic systems, maintenance and repair of oil and gas equipment
Along with general subjects, the program curriculum includes the following special subjects:
- Collection and Preparation of Oil and Gas Wells
- Monitoring and Regulation of Oil Recovery Process
- Geological support for Development of Oil and Gas Fields
- Technologies of Oil and Gas Well Exploitation
- Methods and Technologies for Increasing Well Productivity
- Hydrodynamic Studies of Reservoirs and Wells
- Underground Hydromechanics
- Counting and Estimation of Petroleum Resources
- Software for Development of Hydrocarbon Fields
- Professional English
|Areas of expertise and employment|
Due to obtained knowledge and resources, the program graduates will be able to find a job in industrial, managerial, and research fields. They will be able to participate in activities, related to the development of innovative technologies for the construction, operation and repair of hydrocarbon, and production, transportation and storage facilities.
The graduates will be in demands among drilling companies, oil and gas production enterprises, hydrocarbon pipeline transport companies, and research centers.