Currently, the oil and gas play a crucial role in the development of the world economy. Therefore there is a demand for qualified specialists, able to efficiently perform their work. TPU actively cooperates with petroleum companies, providing them with consulting and engineering services, and retraining services. This cooperation allows constantly improving the content of courses, giving students the latest information in the area of the petroleum industry. The program - Construction and Operation of Technical Facilities in Petroleum Industry is an optimal solution for those, who want to work in the petroleum industry.
The specialization provides skills and knowledge in the field of operation and maintenance of facilities for transport and storage of oil, gas, and refined products. The students will get acquainted with the operation of oil and gas pipelines, pumping and compressor stations, diagnostics of pipelines and storage facilities, technological reliability of pipeline transport facilities for hydrocarbons, safety of technological processes, and issues related to special methods of pumping.
The following program is designed under the general specialization Petroleum Engineering. The second program Development and Operation of Petroleum Fields you can find on the following page.
The program will provide students with:
- knowledge and skills in the fields of production process theory in the petroleum industry, reliability of relevant technological equipment, hydromechanics and thermodynamics, control and automation of production processes, resource-efficient technologies and environmental protection, and industrial and fire safety
- computer skills for group and individual design of oil and gas facilities
- professional foreign language skills
- skills for calculation of technological modes of drilling, extraction, transportation and storage of hydrocarbons
- knowledge of modern diagnostic systems, maintenance and repair of oil and gas equipment
|Areas of expertise and employment|
Due to obtained knowledge and resources, the program graduates will be able to find a job in industrial, managerial, and research fields. They will be able to participate in activities, related to the development of innovative technologies for the construction, operation and repair of hydrocarbon, and production, transportation and storage facilities.
The graduates will be in demands among drilling companies, oil and gas production enterprises, hydrocarbon pipeline transport companies, and research centers.