The program goal is to train highly qualified specialists in the field of engineering technologies, automation of technological processes and production in engineering, welding technologies and production, high-tech production, research of cutting processes, and cutting tools.
Wide international contacts provide the possibility of international internships for promising students and postgraduate students at universities of Germany, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, China, and others.
The following program was developed under the framework of broad specializations – Mechanical Engineering. This
specialization also includes:
- Automation of Processes and Productions in Mechanical Engineering
The students will receive advanced knowledge and skills allowing them to work in the modern engineering area and operate modern equipment and technology in machine-building and welding production, advanced processing technologies and new materials, including nanostructured ones.
The students will be able to practice their skills using the university modern facility, such as:
- Aristein CNC machines (6 workplaces, 2 CNC machines: milling and turning)
- CAD/CAM systems computer classes
- Engineering Technology Laboratory; Technical Measurements Laboratory; Cutting Materials Laboratory; and Cutting Tools
- Research and production facility of the Tomsk Scientific Center of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Advanced technological and research equipment: welding equipment for non-rotary joints of technological pipelines of large diameter; equipment for microcontact welding of thin plates from special steels and alloys for the nuclear industry; equipment for welding in strong magnetic fields, and others
- laboratory educational-and-research complex for high-resolution structural studies based on a SEMTRAC mini scanning electron microscope
- laboratory-and-technological complex for the application of innovative functional coatings with high performance
Along with that, the division has necessary equipment and software, as SprutCAM, SPRUT-TP, SIEMENS NX, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Compas-3D, Vertical, WinNC, FeatureCAM, PowerMILL, ArtCAM.
The program was designed to equip students with necessary skills, allowing them to:
- develop of optimal manufacturing technology
- organize and conduct quality control of materials, technological processes, finished products
- perform metrological calibration of the main measuring instruments for the manufactured products
- carry out standardization and certification of manufactured products and technological processes
- conduct diagnostics of the state and dynamics of objects (technological processes, equipment, and managerial tools) using the necessary methods and means of analysis
- create mathematical and physical models of processes and equipment
- apply information technologies for the development of new engineering products