Heat power industry is one of the main industries, which includes a set of means and methods, created to control the flow of heat, the conversion of heat into electrical and other types of energy.
The tendency of demonopolize energy production, ensure regional energy security, create autonomous and decentralized heat supply systems, and the fuel energy market has created an increasing demand for engineers in the field of heat and power engineering.
Depending on the chosen program, the graduates have advanced fundamental and professional knowledge in the fields of technology for production of electric and thermal energy; prepared for resolving environmental safety issues at nuclear power plants and related issues; capable to develop projects and programs related to testing new and non-standard heat and mass transfer equipment and operate it; to carry out standardization of technical means, systems, technological processes, equipment, and materials.
During the training, the student will use advanced university facilities, such as laboratories with modern hard- and software for computer simulation of technological processes and design of thermal and nuclear power plants, heat and mass transfer, thermophysical properties of substances, technical thermodynamics, heat transfer, heat supply, steam and gas turbines, fuel and water analytical, experimental stands X-ray structural and heat engineering expertise, etc.
The program graduates will be able to:
- formulate scientific, technical, technological, organizational, design, engineering and other tasks (problems) in the field of atomic power engineering
- work in international research and engineering team due to advanced fundamental and professional knowledge and skills (including professional English language skills)
- solve environmental safety issues at nuclear power plants
- manage technological processes at nuclear power plants
- perform different types of professional activity (design, engineering, technological, managerial, etc.) in conditions of interaction with other specialists and services
- take organizational, managerial, technical, technological and other decisions that can increase efficiency of power facilities of nuclear power plants