Metals, complex metal alloys, ceramics and composite materials, bio- and nanomaterials are the main materials of modern technology and medicine. Therefore, the development of physical principles for creating materials with necessary properties and technologies for their production is a promising area of modern science and technology. These goals require specialists with advanced knowledge in materials science, who are familiar with the methods of numerical simulation and computer design, with modern means of physical experiment and structural analysis. The program graduates will be of high demand in the international labor market.
The program uses up-to-date computer classes, equipped lecture halls and others, like:
- educational class as part of 10 scanning probe microscopes - NanoEducator
- analytical and technological equipment of the TPU Nano-Center
- research laboratories with modern research equipment, such as an automated laser measuring system
- optical, atomic force and scanning tunneling microscopes, X-ray and optical television installations, laser profilometer New View 6200, nanomaterial properties analysis complex Nanotest 600 and nanoindenter - G200 (MTS), and machines INSTRON and SHENK for the study of plasticity and strength of materials
- research equipment of the Scientific research institution - Institute of Strength Physics and Materials Science of Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences (ISPMS SB RAS)
|Areas of expertise and employment|
The program graduates will be able to work as engineers and researchers in the areas of development of new materials for various purposes, technologist for the production of products from materials with desired properties, or as software developers.