The humankind is actively developing petroleum deposits all around the world which leads to their gradual exhaustion. Thus the petroleum companies have to begin development of hard-to-recover deposits, requiring advanced technologies and engineering solutions, and highly qualified specialists. Tomsk Polytechnic University considers this problem as one of the promising areas and thereby invest considerable resources in the development of new technologies and bettering academic program. The students will be given excellent theoretical knowledge and practical skills, allowing them to conduct engineering and construction activity, they will be able to carry out management of design and production and technological activities in the mentioned areas and engage in organizational activities in interdisciplinary areas of the petroleum industry, and especially in the area of development of hard-to-recover deposits.
Along with the Master program - Development of Hard-to-Recover Hydrocarbon Reserves:
- Construction of Deep Oil and Gas Fields in Complex Geological Conditions
- Development and Operation of Oil and Gas Fields
- Reliability of Gas Pipelines and Storage Facilities
- Machines and Equipment in Petroleum Industry
- Petroleum Engineering (the second academic year is carried out in the English language under the network collaboration with Heriot-Watt University)
- Geological and Geophysical Problems of Oil and Gas Development (the second academic year is carried out in the English language under the network collaboration with Heriot-Watt University)
The student will be able to use the university facility, including laboratories and research centers, advanced computer classes with appropriate software (Petrel, ECLIPSE, PIPESIM, Drilling Office, PanSystem, WellFlo, Ecrin, and others), 3D visualization room, databases with information about geophysical studies of wells, reservoir properties, and others.
- University of Calgary (Canada)
- University of Miskolc (Hungary)
- Institute of Statistical Mechanics of Turbulence (France)
- French Institute of Petroleum
- Heriot Watt University (UK)
|Areas of expertise and employment|
The program will allow graduates to work in petroleum industry as engineers able to organize and support development of hard-to-recover oil and gas fields, and as designer and analysts at research centers and department.