The program goal is to train highly qualified specialists in the field of engineering technologies, automation of technological processes and production in engineering, welding technologies and production, high-tech production, research of cutting processes, and cutting tools.
Wide international contacts provide the possibility of international internships for promising students and postgraduate students at universities of Germany, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, China, and others.
The following program was developed under the framework of broad specializations – Mechanical Engineering. This
specialization also includes:
- Welding Equipment and Technologies
The students will receive advanced knowledge and skills allowing them to work in the modern engineering area and operate modern equipment and technology in machine-building and welding production, advanced processing technologies and new materials, including nanostructured ones.
The students will be able to practice their skills using the university modern facility, such as:
- Aristein CNC machines (6 workplaces, 2 CNC machines: milling and turning)
- CAD/CAM systems computer classes
- Engineering Technology Laboratory; Technical Measurements Laboratory; Cutting Materials Laboratory; and Cutting Tools
- Research and production facility of the Tomsk Scientific Center of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Advanced technological and research equipment: welding equipment for non-rotary joints of technological pipelines of large diameter; equipment for microcontact welding of thin plates from special steels and alloys for the nuclear industry; equipment for welding in strong magnetic fields, and others
- laboratory educational-and-research complex for high-resolution structural studies based on a SEMTRAC mini scanning electron microscope
- laboratory-and-technological complex for the application of innovative functional coatings with high performance
Along with that, the division has necessary equipment and software, as SprutCAM, SPRUT-TP, SIEMENS NX, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Compas-3D, Vertical, WinNC, FeatureCAM, PowerMILL, ArtCAM.
The program was designed to equip students with necessary skills, allowing them to:
- apply deep scientific, mathematical and engineering knowledge and skills for developing new competitive technologies
- justify and conduct engineering projects to create complex competitive engineering products and their production technologies, including using modern CAD / CAM / CAE products
- solve innovative engineering problems using systems analysis and modeling of mechanical engineering objects and processes
- organize theoretical and experimental research in the field of engineering technology using the advanced achievements of science and technology
- ensure efficient operation of equipment and other means of technological equipment for automated production of engineering products, to master and improve the technological processes of manufacturing new competitive products, to ensure their manufacturability
- conduct project management and supervision including in international groups